New Tricks to Weight Loss : Bliss or Bane!!!
We talk about reducing weight on a day to day basis. But our sedentary lifestyle makes us difficult to follow healthy diet and regular exercise module. Our world of size zero put all our ladies/ Men into so much trouble. Low calorie diet, Gym Memberships, Zumba, Yoga classes etc is building a great consumer market.
Each individual needs a regimen that suits their body requirements, may it be for weight loss or weight gain. Whatever the goal is, a diet has to fulfill all the nutrients and proteins required for a human body he or she is going to suffer unhealthiness.
We in this article will be evaluating two diet plans famous worldwide:
- The General Motors (GM) Diet
- Intermittent Fasting
The General Motors Diet:
Benefits of the GM Diet
- GM Diet is proven to reduce almost 3 to 5 kgs in a week. Unlike the other diets which require at least 2 weeks to 3 months, you enjoy the benefits of the GM diet in just seven days
- Develops healthy digestive system – Since the diet is strictly limited to fruits and vegetables on the first 3 days, your digestive system will improve than usual
- Provides your required energy – It gives you more energy and less fat
- Helps in managing your weight when required
- Helps you get back your figure in 7 days without much effort
GM Diet Plan Side Effects
- A lot of people suffer from headache in the first two days
- Other difficulties like hair fall and dry skin
- Not recommended for pregnant women until 6 months after the delivery
- Should not be performed during the menstrual period
The first two side effects can be avoided if you drink at least 8-10 glasses of water each day as water helps your body from getting hydrated and thus prevents those difficulties like headaches, hair fall and dry skin. However, it is always recommended to take the suggestion from your doctor before trying any diet and check whether it will suit you or not. If you wanted to drop your excess pounds and at the same time improve your digestive system, then you can give the GM diet a try.
Intermittent fasting (IF) involves alternating cycles of abstaining from food and eating it. We basically do that every day anyway when we go to bed and wake up. While this popular weight-loss diet doesn’t dictate which foods to eat or even how much to consume, it’s definitely a little more structured than just deciding to eat and deciding to stop.
Types of Intermittent Fasting
This is a beginner’s IF regimen and probably something a lot of people are doing without even thinking about it. It means you’re fasting for 12 hours a day and eating within a 12-hour window. If you eat your last meal at 7 p.m. and have breakfast the next morning at 7 a.m., congratulations, you’re already an IF pro.
In this IF method, you fast for 16 hours each day and restrict your eating window to just eight hours, which likely means you can squeeze in two, maybe three meals. Most people following the 16/8 method simply skip breakfast, have their first meal midday, and refrain from eating too late at night.
Here’s where it’s getting a bit more intense. Now, you’re fasting for a full 20 hours and allowing yourself one four-hour window to eat. It’s likely you might get just one, maybe two meals in each day, depending on what you find works for you.
In this more extreme “alternate-day fasting” (ADF) method, you’re severely restricting calories two days of the week (to approximately 500 calories each day) and eating whatever you want the other five days.
Like the 5:2, this ADF method doesn’t provide a consistent daily fast schedule, but rather allows you to choose one or two days in the week to have a full 24-hour fast..
What Are Some of the Benefits of Intermittent Fasting?
- You will eat less
- It keeps your brain sharp
- It helps reduce the risk of diabetes
- It might help maintain a healthy heart
- It might help fight cancer
What are Some of the Concerns of Intermittent Fasting?
- It could impair athletic performance
- It’s not realistic in the long run
- It could cause disordered eating
- There’s lack of solid evidence